Studio Enterprise Compatibility
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise is supported on the following Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 64–bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 64–bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64–bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64–bit (for evaluation only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise requires the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Microsoft SQL Server
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise is compatible with the following SQL Server Database Management Systems:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (for evaluation use only)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (for evaluation use only)
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise is compatible with the following versions of IIS:
- IIS 8.5
- IIS 8
- IIS 7.5
- IIS 7
Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ)
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise requires the installation of MSMQ.
SMTP Email Server
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise requires access to an email account on a SMTP server that will be used to send invitations and other communication to Session hosts and attendees. Studio Enterprise requires the following information:
- SMTP Email server address
- SMTP Email server’s outgoing port
- Email address for Bluebeam Studio Enterprise
- Password for the email account
- The reply-to email address for email sent from the Studio Enterprise
Certificate Requirements and Deployment
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise and Revu clients use SSL certificate–based authentication to encrypt the data connection. All Revu clients are required to have a certificate installed that allows them to authenticate Studio Enterprise. Likewise, Studio Enterprise requires that certificate to operate.
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise is supported on the following versions of Bluebeam Vu and Revu for Windows and iPad:
- Vu and Revu 8.5 and above
- Studio Projects is only available in Vu and Revu 10.0 and above
- Vu iPad 1.0 and above
- Revu iPad 1.1 and above
* Bluebeam Vu and Revu 2015 require Studio Enterprise 3.1 and above
** Active Directory support requires Revu 12.5, Vu iPad 1.0, Revu iPad 1.1 and above
Hardware requirements are based on a number of factors, including the expected number of simultaneous Studio Sessions, and the number and size of PDF files for Studio Sessions, markups in Studio Sessions, and Studio Projects. It is recommended that you consult with the Bluebeam Technical Support team if you would like assistance estimating the anticipated usage of Studio when defining hardware.
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise is supported on 64–bit architecture environments. For the best performance, it is recommended to run Studio Enterprise on at least a 64–bit dual core architecture or better.
For 64–bit architecture Operating Systems, at least 8 GB of RAM is recommended.
Bluebeam Studio Enterprise can be installed on one machine, while the database can be installed on another machine. Therefore, there are two sets of disk space requirements:
- Database Disk Space Requirements
- It is estimated that users will need at least 100 GB of disk space for the database; however, disk space requirement depends on the size of the files and markups that occupy the database.
- Studio Enterprise Disk Space Requirements
- It is recommended that Studio Enterprise be installed on a machine that has at least 100 GB of available space.
Network connections tend to be the main bottleneck impacting Bluebeam Studio’s performance. It is recommended that the server running Bluebeam Studio Enterprise be connected via a gigabit network.