Bluebeam Revu lets you use separate units of measurement on the same drawing with a few simple steps. For example, you can calculate linear measurements in metres/centimetres and volume measurements in cubic metres.
Calibrate the Page
Before you get started, make sure the page is properly calibrated:
- Locate a known length on the page.
- Open the Calibrate tool using one of the following methods:
- From the Command bar, go to Measure > Calibrate.
- From the Scale section of the Measurements tab, click Calibrate.
- If a dialogue box with instructions appears, click OK.
- Click the first point of the known length, then click a second point to finish the line. Hold down the Shift key to snap the two points horizontally, vertically or diagonally. When the second point is selected, the Calibration dialogue box opens.
- In the Calibration dialogue box, enter the distance that the line between these two points represents on the drawing and select the units in which measurements are to be reported.
- Click OK.
The unit of measurement used when calibrating the drawing is now the default for all measurements on that page. Scales, units of measurement and Store Scale in Page are set on a per-page basis.
Separate Units of Measurement
You can set independent units of measurement for Area and Volume. They will exist separately from each other, and the default unit of measurement will be used for linear measurements.
- Click the Measurements tab.
- Select Independent Units.
- Select a unit of measure for Area Unit and Volume Unit.
- To keep this configuration when the PDF is saved, select Store Scale in Page.
If the Store Scale in Page option isn’t available, scroll down to the Options section of the Measurements tab and select Use Embedded Scale.
To recalculate a previously measured area or volume with a newly set unit of measure, just click Recalculate. All measurements on the page are now recalculated with the current units of measurement.
Take Your Measurements
Once the Independent Units are set up, your Area and Volume measurements will use the units of measurement you’ve selected. All other measurements will utilise the unit of measurement selected when calibrating the page.